Sunday, January 16, 2005

First Day in Auckland

This is going to be quick, I have limited time. I picked up a rental car for the day and went into Auckland City Center. I went up the Sky Tower and took some great shots of the city and for you U2 fans, "One Tree Hill". I then headed over to the Coromandel Peninsula and made my way up the coast to Coomandel Town to see a friend from Richmond who lives here, Jennifer Harned, she and her husband own the Peppertree restaurant. We hung out for a few hours drinking and talking. She had no idea I was coming so it was a great shock to her. The road to Coromandel Town is one of the best coast routes you can drive, the road twists more than a Diary Queen soft serve cone. I recommend this drive to anyone, do it in a Mini Cooper S if you can. The views are amazing. I am now getting ready to pick up the RV and Head to the Bay of Islands.

That's all for now.
Sean

No comments: