Monday, January 03, 2005

Around the world in 60 days

I have purchased an around the world plane ticket.
The trip so far:

Starting January 13th 2005:
New York (Newark) to Auckland New Zealand via Los Angeles.
I have rented a conversion van to live in for the 3 weeks. I will be driving a 18 day tour I found on-line with some slight modifications. I am going to take as many pictures as I can. This is the main goal for the trip. I will be on the north island for 8 days then take a ferry to the south island for the next 13 days. I drop the van off in Christchurch and fly out to Sydney

Christchurch to Sydney to Cairns Australia
I will spent the next 2-3 weeks traveling Australia starting in Cairns to see the Great Barrier Reef. I most likely will be there for 3-4 days then fly back to Sydney. I will spend 3-4 days in Sydney. I have a train pass that allows me to go from Sydney to Perth on the west coast. The pass is good for 14 days so I can take my time getting out there. I plan on doing the trip over 8 days stopping in the bigger towns on the route. I am not sure exactly how long I will stay in Perth, but I am figuring 2 days before flying to Singapore.

Perth to Singapore
I will spend 3 days in Singapore. This small island should not take that long to see.

Singapore to London
I will spend a few days, likely 2, in London before taking a few side trips including but not limited to Holland, France and Italy. I will know more on this portion as the trip progresses.

London back to Newark
I should be home on or around the 10-12th of March, give or take a day or two.

Plans for New Zealand are close to the final version. Australia plans are about 40% done. The rest of the trip are just broad outlines at this point.

More updates to follow in the next few days.

No comments: