Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The reason

First, I am fine. I thought about if I was going to write about this a lot last night, I went back and forth about it but here goes.

I miss you guys. The trip has been OK but I am just ready to get home. Traveling by yourself for this long is much harder than one would think. I have seen some great places on the trip but I need to get back home. I know this for sure, I will never take being an American for granted again, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us. It is the best place to live and the greatest country in the world. I miss it. When you step away from your normal life you start too see the things and the people you take for granted everyday. When they are gone, it brings them in to sharp focus. I have always considered myself somewhat of a self contained unit who could provide everything I need for myself, I could not have been more wrong. I have a new found respect for the people in my life who I care about and who care about me.

If nothing else the trip has been worth it for that lesson alone.

I am sorry if I had you guys worried with the last post but yesterday was very hard on me emotionally. I was about 5 minutes away from just getting on the plane yesterday afternoon and coming home right then skipping Sydney and Singapore.

I leave for Sydney tomorrow and will spend 2 days there. Then 2 days in Singapore. The flight from Singapore gets me into London around 5 am and there is a 8 am Flight to Newark. I am not sure if I am going to hop on that one or spend a day in London and catch it in the morning. I will keep you up to date on my return.

Oh yeah, the sun has made its first real appearance in Cairns. I had a 2 hour window yesterday and found a plane and pilot for a quick flight to the reef for photos. This morning it has returned and I will spend some time on the beach.


No comments: