Monday, February 14, 2005

I'm in London and almost home. :-)

Only abut ten hours to go. Thank God. The flight from Singapore (14 hours) was not that bad, thanks to sleeping pills I was only awake for the first hour and a half and the last hour. I slept most of the way. I did wake up a few times for the loo. About 4 hours into my sleep I took another pill and sent me right back to la la land. Now I am killing time in the BA lounge trying to warm up. After 31 days with the temp never falling below 20c it's 3c in London. Of course I am in a short sleeve shirt and flip flops. I was smart enough to wear long pants but left my fleece jacket in my checked luggage. I also have on the socks they give you on the plane which is helping my feet, but look rather strange with flip flops but I don't care.

So what did I think of Singapore? Not much, it was not my kind of town. Although I felt like a giant walking around town. I am looking forward to getting back to the states.

Thanks to all who have been tracking my travels. I have had a good time updating the blog.

This will be the last post for a few days until I get my photos developed and posted on the web. Once that is done I will give you the address to view them if you would like. 95% of them are of New Zealand. I have just a roll or two of Australia and not one of Singapore. 24 rolls in total, or about 1000 photos. I will only post the ones I like so don't worry about having to go through that many.

Ok now I am just rambling again, trying to kill time until my next flight in just over 2 hours. By the time you read this I should be home or close to it.

A special thanks to all who sent me emails while I was gone, it was nice to hear from everyone. It made me feel like I was never alone. I think I am going to take a class in grammar and spelling in the future, I know they could use some work. "Hooked on Fonics" didn't work for me. ;-)

No comments: