Saturday, August 16, 2008

So Camp Is At An End

I am having trouble believing that tomorrow I will return the kids to the airport to end camp. I always see the last camper off and get to make the call the John waits for all summer, "All the kids are away safely, now go have a beer." I am amazed every year how quickly it goes by. I really find it hard to believe that I have been here for over 2 1/2 months. I have to say that this summer has been one of the best summers I have spent here. We had a great group of campers and a near All-Star staff this year. I made two new great friends this summer and will visit them in Turkey this fall. ("If you make one good friend summer your doing well." - Tripper, Meatballs) I will end up with over 5500 miles driven this summer in 7 weeks with 2 of them really just hanging out, the first week and last week are easy but the middle 5 kick my butt.

I am looking forward to getting back to Europe and traveling. have only made plans for the first part of the trip and see how things go before planning the rest of the trip. I have also made a new purchase to help with my travels an Asus eeepc 900, which is a small laptop with a nine inch screen that weighs less than 2 pounds. google it. I am posting from it now and am really enjoying playing with it. It runs version of Linux that I have hacked to make it even more useful. I will let you know how it works out in the future.

No comments: