Saturday, May 23, 2009

Facebook - A Necessary Evil

It kills me because I hate the new layout so much. But the truth is, everyone I know has moved to using Facebook for instant messages, so if I want to be able to stay in contact with certain friends I have to use Facebook chat. The one thing I have been able to do is use Digsby as a IM client on my PC that lets me login to Facebook chat without having to go onto Facebook's page. (Now I have setup lists and things but it is the layout more than anything that has driven me away with such fear and loathing.) But because of this people still think I am on Facebook all the time I still get requests and other crap I don't care about. But for some it is the only way they know how to contact me. The best way is always come here and look on the right side of the page for the Digsby Client and see if I am available to chat. I try and keep my status current so you know when I really am in front of the computer.

On the positive side, Facebook is a great contact book. And that's all I am going to say about that.

Of course most of you came here because of my status update on Facebook, yeah sorry about the obvious hypocrisy involved, but a necessary evil I guess.

Enjoy and Bookmark the page for an easy return. New changes coming soon.

No comments: